Ensure raw materials are available for production
Make certain that finished goods are available for delivery to customers
Maintain the lowest possible material and product levels
Plan all manufacturing and production activities
Manage delivery schedules
Project the usage of intermediates and raw materials based on demand
Deacom's MRP software features are designed to ensure materials are available for production and products are available for delivery.
Deacom's MRP system is an integral part of the production and inventory management capabilities of DEACOM ERP.
Core MRP functions allow for:
- Reduction of waste by maintaining the lowest possible material and product levels
- Planning of manufacturing activities
- Managing of delivery schedules
Calculate demand based on scheduled sales orders, scheduled production jobs, and indirect requirements
Indirect requirements in DEACOM are defined as the quantity of materials required to satisfy suggestions for the displayed item in the Bill of Materials. As an example, a raw material used to make a finished good will have an indirect quantity showing in the MRP system if a sales order for the finished good is entered. Production jobs are not required in order to see the material requirements for a specific raw material because DEACOM takes scheduled sales orders into consideration when calculating MRP.
Listen to Juno Raby, CAO of Vitality Works, Inc., as he discusses how using Deacom's MRP capabilities have improved their production planning and reduced how much inventory should be on hand.
MRP transactions in DEACOM offer two different views of the supply and demand for items:
A single bucket
(which may or may not be filtered by a specific time period) displaying all the supply and demand for items including unscheduled purchase, job and sales orders, even if they do not have a due date assigned.
Multiple time buckets
(days, weeks, and months) based on the due dates assigned to purchase, job and sales orders in the system. This approach is useful when dealing with items requiring a significant lead time.
The MRP system in DEACOM looks at the demand for items in your business, based on sales orders, production jobs, or reorder points, and projects the usage of intermediates and raw materials based on that demand and the active default bills of materials for all items.
Additional MRP system features built into Deacom’s ERP software include:
- Leverage Item Master setup options to reflect desired inventory levels
- Ability to select multiple vendors and parts simultaneously and create all the necessary purchase orders based on the best available pricing
- Manage inventory in multiple location and configure options that will apply to a specific facility when MRP reports are filtered by facility
- Split purchase orders by PO quantity
- Split jobs by job quantity
- Create and schedule production jobs to match production capabilities
- Create multiple jobs simultaneously based on the pre-filter and reports selections in MRP
- Facilitate intercompany inventory transfers
- Run reports for a specific job or sales order
- Use forecasting tools for comparison against actual sales
- Define specific vendor parts that contain their own lead times, minimal PO quantities, unique vendor part numbers and descriptions, and pricing information
- Leverage data provided in MRP reports that includes transaction dates for lead time, due to ship, due to dock (intercompany transfers and purchase orders), and job planned start and planned finish dates
Explore more of Deacom's ERP software
Adjust and scale formulas as needed knowing that all changes will automatically be reflected in inventory, production, and planning tools.
Simplify the process of creating, scheduling, staging, and analyzing production jobs within the single ERP system.
Enforcing quality control measures from within the core ERP system provides a method of true process control for your manufacturing operations.
The WMS system provides your manufacturing and distribution operations the ability to reach new levels of functional accuracy.