Press Release: Deacom, Inc. Announces the Release of DEACOM ERP Version 14.4
DEACOM version 14.4 is now available for all customers. Please make sure that this version is thoroughly tested in a testing/training environment prior to installing the build in production. A new user acceptance test script that can be leveraged for testing is available with the release in the root DEACOM directory.
Free DEACOM University Class on New Release
Deacom will be hosting a free DEACOM University class on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 and Wednesday, February 27, 2013 to review all of the new features available in the release.
New Features in 14.4
A comprehensive list of all new features is included in the DEACOM Help System (menu navigation: Help > Help). Below is a snapshot of some of the most important features:
- Foreign Currency Maintenance: Changing the exchange rate of a currency in Accounting > Accounting Maintenance > Currencies now automatically makes an entry for the new rate into the new currency history table. The currency history table can also be manually edited if necessary through Accounting > Maintenance. Additionally, Deacom now hosts an optional web service to provide updated currency rates through the DEACOM Automation Host. The currencies are updated on the server at 9:00 am EST every day. The "Currency Update" field in the General tab of the system options allows a system administrator to specify when the Automation Host should download the currency data.
- Foreign Currency in Transactions: When posting payments in foreign currencies, the system posts the difference in the currency value from when the order was invoiced. Now several reports in the system allow that difference to be displayed before the payment is made.
- Foreign Currency on Reports: The Payables and Receivables Summary and Detail reports now have a new column "currdiff" available to view the unrealized currency gain/loss. The Trial Balance, GL Summary, GL History and financial statements reports now use two new fields in Chart of Accounts, "Currency" and "Unrealized gain". If an account is tagged with a currency other than the home currency, (blank is considered to be the home currency) the account is assumed to be valued in that currency instead of home currency. The difference in value for each posting at the time it was made and it's value at the current exchange rate is automatically added to the "Unrealized gain" account specified for that account to show a virtual balance that doesn't really exist in the GL.
- CRM iPhone Application: Developed a CRM application that has all the functionality of the main application. The iPhone application is released through Apple's B2B store to control the versioning. There is no additional cost for running the iPhone application. Each user logged into the iPhone will count as a concurrent system user though. Contact the DEACOM Support Team if you are interested in the application.
- People Assigned to a Contact Record: Added a new sub-table to the contact record to define the people associated with a contact record. There is a new tab within CRM called "People" that allows multiple people to be defined and for a person to be setup as the default person assigned to that contact. There are a number of fields within the main CRM form that are now read only as the details should be setup on the "People" tab.
In version 14.5 of DEACOM, the instant and time-phased MRP functionality will be merged under into a single menu option. All the functionality current available in instant MRP has been added to the time-phased MRP functionality.
- Time-Phased MRP Decimal Places: A new system option is available to display 0, 1, or 2 decimal places on time-phased MRP report.
- Time-Phased MRP Pre-Filter Options: The "Display" field in the pre-filter now has the same options as the display field in the Instant MRP pre-filter. Also added the Date Based On, Start Date, End Date, Item Type, Sales Order and Job Number fields to the pre-filter. The "Suggestions" field in the pre-filter offers the option to include or exclude suggested quantities from the onhand inventory calculation. The include option displays the suggested quantities and includes them when calculating onhand inventory. The exclude option removes the suggested quantities from the report and the suggested quantities are not considered when calculating the onhand quantity.
- Count Unit: The General 1 tab of the item master now contains a new required field entitled "Count Unit". The count unit provides the default unit of measure when creating physical inventory worksheets. When upgrading to version 14.4 count unit will be defaulted from the stock unit on the item master.
- Backflushing Only What Was Issued to a Job: Added a new Item Master option to "Relieve as issued at job finish" on the Properties tab of the Item Master Management form. This option on a raw material, in conjunction with the "Backflush BOM at job finish" on a finished good, will ensure that relieving items during a job finish will only relieve what was issued to this job. Leaving this option off will backflush from inventory.
- Multi-Line Batch Ticket: Added a new production report called “Multi-Line Batch Ticket”. The new report is similar in structure to the current Master Batch Record except that each line in the job now get’s it own BOM and QC information printed separately. This new report can now provide more QC and BOM information in situations where one production job is necessary to complete the bulk product and packaged part as opposed to two separate jobs. Existing batch tickets for single line jobs will print as usual.
- Job Cost Detail Report: Replaced the existing Job Cost Detail report in Job Management with a report based on job line finishes. The report averages the lot finish cost for each line on the job. Additionally, during the job finish function, the material, labor, burden work center and purchasing costs are now stored in the dtjob4 table for reporting purposes. A number of different fields were added to the Job Cost Detail report to support the new functionality.
- Using Raw Materials "At Risk" in Production and Shipping Finished Goods that are in Job QC Testing "At Risk": Items that are pending QC testing can now be released via the "At Risk" button on the QC form. The security option "Quality control — mark inventory at-risk" controls access to use this button and should be restricted for general users. There is a new boolean flag in the dtfifo table called fi_atrisk that shows lots that have been marked "At Risk". The QC results can be updated at any point and the lot status of "At Risk" is removed if the QC tests pass. If a sub-assembly or finished good is finished off a job where an "At Risk" item was used, the finished good is also marked as "At Risk" until the QC tests on the raw materials or components are completed. If a QC tests fails for a lot used "At Risk", all inventory where this lot was used will have it's QC status updated to indicate that it "Failed QC". The QC history for a lot (maintained in the dtqc5 table) will maintain a history to show that a lot was released from testing "At Risk".
- Ability to View Sales Order Delivery Locations on Google Maps through the Sales Calendar: The "Map" button is available when viewing the "Daily Sales Calendar" form within the DEACOM Sales Calendar. Selecting the button will open Google Maps in a separate DEACOM form with all the ship-to customers defined on the map. The ship-to locations will be color coded based on the ship-via's defined on the orders, with the same ship-via on orders getting the same colors (8 different icons are included). This allows a shipping manager to make sure that the deliver schedule is optimized. Hovering over an icon in the map displays the ship-via name, the ship-to customer name and the city/state of the ship-to customer. Selecting an icon brings up the editing form for the order. Note that only sales orders with a ship-to customer that has a valid address and a ship via defined on the order will appear in the map.
- New Ship-to and Bill-to Linkage: Ship-to companies can now be linked to multiple bill-to companies. The following enhancements have been added to facilitate this: on the edit bill-to company form, there is a new tab "Ship-to Companies" that allows ship-to companies to be assigned to each bill-to company; on the edit ship-to company form, there is a new tab "Bill-to Companies" that allows bill-to companies to be assigned to each ship-to company; ship-to company searchboxes that filter based on the selected bill-to company have been updated; in Edit Contacts, selecting a ship-to company no longer fills in the bill-to company. In Customer Parts, the bill-to company is no longer required if there is a ship-to company selected. Finally, a system prompt is now displayed when a ship-to company is saved that is linked to a bill-to company without a default ship-to company established. The prompt asks the user if they'd like to make this ship-to the bill-to company default's ship-to company.
- Query Tool: Added the ability to save the result of a Query Tool query as a favorite and a preview. This capability will allow power users to save frequently used queries for easy access. Note that access to the DEACOM Query Tool is restricted through the security option “System — query tool”, but users with this access can setup favorites and previews for users without access to the Query Tool.
- Advanced Sort Filter: The advanced sorting information is now stored with favorites. Saving a grid to a favorite now saves and applies the advanced sorting settings setup using the toolbar option.
- Test System Builder: The DEACOM application directory will contain a TestSystemBuilder.exe file that provides users with a much simpler way to create a test system. Users can choose the location of the test directory, the prefix for the database names, and the prefix for the company name.
- Help System Login: "Help user" and "Help password" fields are now available in the security tab of the system options that allow a company to specify the user name and password that will be passed to the help system when it is launched from DEACOM. This allows organizations to configure their own SOP documents through the help system. Please contact the DEACOM support team for more information.
- Import History Table: Added a new table (dximphist) that captures all data imports completed during the data conversion process. The import history detail is available through System > View Import History.
- Work Flow Decision Points: Decision points may now be set on work flow sequences via the "Return To" field on the "Edit Work Flow Sequence" form. The "Return To" field allows users to return a work flow to a previous sequence, clearing all completions after the return to sequence. The return-to sequence is setup through Tools > Edit Work Flow.
- Ship As Reserved: Added the ability in the WMS module to ship inventory that has been reserved to a sales order. In situations where inventory has been partial reserved, the system will offer users the ability to backorder the remaining amounts if desired.
- Network Finder: Added a new network finder utility to the WMS. During the initial scanner installation or after cold-booting a scanner, the network finder utility can be used to find the correct network to connect to.
- Signal Strength Indicator: Added a line at the top of all WMS transaction screens to indicate the WI-FI signal strength. Green indicates full strength, yellow indicates low strength and red indicates no signal.
Link to Build
Please contact the DEACOM support team for a link to the new version.