Quality Control Software for Manufacturing
Enable true process control from within your enterprise resource planning system
Enforcing quality control measures is a method of providing true process control within your manufacturing operations.
In Deacom's ERP software, quality control checkpoints can span the entire product lifecycle, from formulation through shipment. QC tests are often incorporated into business processes at times when:
- Raw materials are received on purchase orders
- Finished goods are produced on production jobs
- Previously sold products are returned
We are familiar with the value that DEACOM has delivered to other similar food manufacturing businesses, so we have no doubt that DEACOM is the best solution for us. Our team is truly excited about the impact DEACOM will have on our production process and quality control.
- Greg Johnson, President, Maple Island Inc.
Why is quality control in manufacturing important?
The purpose for manufacturing quality control is dependent on your specific industry and the market your business serves.
In the chemical industry for example, quality controls may dictate things such as the acidity, solubility, or specific gravity of your product. Whereas in the food industry, QC procedures may also include testing for biological pathogens to ensure your products do not make people sick.
The types of QC testing may be very different from industry to industry, but the procedures for managing and recording them, as well as the timing of when to perform them, are very similar. Benefits of having quality control systems as part of your manufacturing ERP can include:
- Avoiding the possibility of having users bypass steps in your processes
- Ensuring QC holds prevent products from being picked, consumed, or shipped
- Confirming products meet customers’ specifications
- Reducing the risk of liability and product recalls
- Assuring that accurate and real-time QC test results are accessible to stakeholders
How the quality control tools in Deacom’s ERP software enforce process control
Process control in manufacturing requires that your warehouse management system, quality control software, and document generation are all operating within the same platform. With these types of functions native to the core ERP system, manufacturers have the opportunity to eliminate the risk of bypassing steps in their processes.
Manufacturers choose Deacom’s ERP software because of its robust functional foundation.
In other words, the software encompasses all the functionality needed to run their business - quality control management being one of them. QC features within the software enable users to:
- Create and manage quality control tests, groups, and security
- Assign QC groups to item masters
- Associate user groups with QC security groups
- Manage tests performed when raw materials are received on purchase orders
- Control the way tests are performed when materials are produced and finished on production jobs
- Perform multiple QC passes and record those results
- Monitor the status of QC testing with built-in reporting
- Unapprove QC results in production situations where material has not yet been finished and the production job is still open
- Perform stability testing on manufactured items already placed in inventory
- Modify results on inventory reports
- Mark items at-risk
- Finish QC results that may or may not require approvals
- Require an E-Signature for approval and results
- Print QC results on critical documents and forms such as Safety Data Sheets or Certificates of Analysis
“Our industry is constantly evolving and our previous ERP solution did not adequately allow us to connect the different aspects of our farming, manufacturing, warehousing, sales, marketing, legal, clinical R&D and quality platforms. Deacom’s business practices and software mitigates these concerns and exceeds all of our expectations of an ERP provider: support before, during, and after implementation; flexibility to evolve alongside our business; industry-specific focus; and a robust set of tools to strengthen process control.”
- Jeff Van Drunen, President, Futureceuticals
Explore more of Deacom's ERP software
Automatically generate a CoA document with customer specific QC specifications at the time of shipment.
Adjust and scale formulas as needed knowing that all changes will automatically be reflected in inventory, production, and planning tools.
Simplify the process of creating, scheduling, staging, and analyzing production jobs within the single ERP system.
Utilize functionality within the ERP system to increase the efficiency and accuracy of your weigh up processes.